PREPARING FOR YOUR NOTARY
Please read these instructions carefully before scheduling an appointment.
The Notary Public laws require notaries to take special precautions before notarizing documents:
- The document or form requiring notarization must be completely filled out. *We do not draw up documents or help you w/ filling out the document.*
- All signer(s) must be present at the time of the appointment.
- All signer(s) must provide an original federal or state issued photo I.D., non-expired.
- The signer(s) must be of sound mind, alert, and mentally competent.
- The signer must want to sign the document being notarized.
Reasons Why Your Document Was Not Notarized
- The signer is not physically present at the time of appointment.
- The document is incomplete or blank.
- The signer has been adjudicated mentally incapacitated and has not been restored to capacity as a matter of record.
- The signer cannot produce acceptable identification.
- The signer appears to be drunk, sedated, or disoriented.
- The notary knows or suspects that the transaction is illegal, false, or deceptive.
- The notary believes that the signer is being coerced or does not understand the consequences of signing the document.
- The signer or witnesses do not agree to signing the document.